Wednesday, July 12, 2017

RVegan Pantry

One of the main problems I had when leaving the McMansion was downsizing my pantry....here is my "before" shot:
You can't even see the shelves around the corner to the right...SO MUCH SPACE!!!
So now, I have this..

Main pantry to the left of the fridge
Above the kitchen table
Spice overflow below pantry






Beans, grains, rice & legumes stored in outdoor storage
Flours & sugar stored in outdoor storage

Outdoor storage

It's been difficult - I don't want to throw away good food and I like to make food from scratch so I like a well-stocked pantry. Right now it is total chaos and I am simply trying to use up my stores.  I took an inventory of everything I have and continually am returning to my Pinterest pages to find recipes suitable for using things up.  Mainly I have relied on my slow-cooker thus far, but I am thinking about baking some fresh bread soon.  I made a good corn chowder recently and it would have been excellent with homemade bread.  As I use up the excess I also clear out our storage space.  I have already used up quite a lot of dried beans and have been able to condense my outside stores from three container to two.  Meal prep takes planning, organization, and time.  I look forward to using up all of the stored up food and reclaiming our storage space!

No comments:

Post a Comment