Monday, July 31, 2017

Moving

Tomorrow is moving day!  We are heading closer to Phoenix to stay in an urban RV park closer to my new job.  It's bittersweet.  Florence has been our home for over seven years.  Our kids have only known this area as their home.  I have participated in the community in many different ways over these past many years.  We made many friends.  We routinely saw friends and caught up on each others' lives.  Our kids grew up together.  I will miss many friends and neighbors.  Trying to remain optimistic....we are only an hour away where there are many fun activities and places for us to meet up!

Tonight we went for our last walk around this beautiful desert RV park.  The sky was magnificent.  I will miss being close to the desert.  If you have to endure the heat, you might as well endure it in all it's glory!  Being in the city, the concrete jungle, will not be nearly as beautiful.  Our spot is significantly smaller and the park significantly more crowded.

 On the flip side, brother is enrolled in an awesome school that will start next week.  We will live on the light rail line and I think that is how I will commute to my new gig.  We can embrace the simple life, use our vehicles less, and rely on public transit more.  I've never tried to rely on public transit - I've mostly lived in rural areas which are severely lacking such services.




One last look at our amazing, shaded site in the Sonoran Desert

Goodbye Pinal County.

No comments:

Post a Comment