Monday, August 27, 2018

The adventure...

I didn't realize this until I was in my 20s and I didn't internalize it until I was in my 40s - each day you chose your adventure.  We are all caught in a web of our own making.  Sure, there are seemingly random events which we have to deal with - sometimes these events seem to illustrate the will of a Thou.  But much of today is a result of the choices of yesterday and tomorrow will follow from today.  Every single moment we have a chance to create a new adventure.  Doors are opening and closing almost every moment and if we step through one we may open ourselves to disappointment, love, excitement or something entirely new.  

The path less traveled - a road of discovery
Happiness, to me, is being present in the moment and observing the past as well as the currents that you are caught in.  To be content, to say to oneself, "I want everything that I have at this moment," is fulfilling, enjoyable, and peaceful.  If you find that you are not content with everything in this moment, how can you make different choices to ensure that you will be content in the future?  Right now I feel that I created my life, I willed it into existence, I signaled my intentions to the Universe and Thou responded.  You could put these statements into Christian terms "I had faith and God answered my prayers," but I like to try and capture a sentiment using words that are not particular to one dogma. When I reflect (or meditate or pray) I like to consider how beautifully this past year has unfolded as a result of deliberate intention.  

Reflection
When I examine the present I am content and thankful and then I think about what comes next.  In many ways I have already signaled my intent and desire to the Universe and I have already received a response.  One never knows exactly how the future will unfold, but you can visualize the next destination or goal.  I remember how badly I wanted to graduate with my doctorate - I had no idea how long it would take, but I knew that I would eventually finish it.  The Universe responded by ensuring I had the time and money to complete it, though the circumstances were beyond my imagination.  This has happened to me so many times, and I feel that there are patterns to the way these things unfold.  I feel like we are living through an inhalation but that soon there will be an exhalation and we will be blown to the next time and place.  

No comments:

Post a Comment