Friday, October 20, 2017

Plumbing issue...

So...this is our brand new bathroom faucet!

I wish I could say that we took the initiative to improve it of our own volition, but alas - the original one crapped out on us after four months and started leaking.  We spent a morning (last weekend) without water while Husband ran back and forth to Home Depot twice to get a faucet that would fit the tiny space.  $80 later here we are.  I have to say it is huge improvement, but this speaks to the quality of fixtures in general.  The shower faucet will probably be next to go...I don't want to blame it on the kids, but I blame it on the kids.  Husband and I treat everything in here gently.  Kids - uh - not so much.  Or maybe it was just a piece of shit - which it was!  It started squeaking a month ago and sounded like a gasket was messed up....clearly it was.  The old faucet was all plastic and very cheap.

I've heard YouTubers say you should just replace these right away...but I was thinking we could use up what is here before we replace anything...so I guess we are on our way to using things up!  I just can't believe that it only lasted four months!

Along the same lines I was out dumping the tanks a few days ago and the sewer was clogged and my hose was draining so slowly.  I called the office and they sent the maintenance guys over with the snake.  The maintenance guys are very helpful, it took a little time - maybe an hour - and they cleared the line.  It was a beautiful morning so Husband and I sat out on the patio while they worked.  It is very nice to have such a responsive team here at this park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment