Thursday, October 19, 2017

Apache Palms - long term lot rental!

I guess I sort of left you hanging with what is happening with our location...we are staying here!  Thankfully another monthly spot opened in the park and on November 1, we will move our Hideout to a different spot around the pool circle. 

There are pros and cons with everything...the pro is that the new spot is approximately $80 cheaper than our current spot/month - the cons are the reason for the reduced price...we will be close to the dumpster.

Our current spot has shade in the AM from the apartment buildings behind us
Walking away from the Hideout along the East side of the pool
Past the pool
Straight ahead is our new spot
so...there it is - no neighbors, but next to the dumpster
I have no idea whether it will be a problem or not.  I have asked around, including asking the guy who was living in the trailer pictured, and no one seems to think it is a terrible spot....I have concerns, but maybe they are unfounded.  I don't know.  What I do know is that I love walking to the light rail station to commute to work and not having to drive. I also love living in Tempe.  The kids ride their bikes around the pool every day and I am glad to still be on the circle.  I am very thankful that on short notice Apache Palms was able to fit us in as a long-term renter.  I am also glad I don't have to pay the winter rate for our current spot.  

We currently pay $410 + electric ($150/month in the summer), our current spot will jump to $620 + electric from November through April.  Our new spot will be $538 + electric.  As our electric bill will go down from the summer we may end up close to what we have been paying or maybe less...hard to say.

If we hate it for some reason we can put our name on their list to move.  It seems that they are pretty good about trying to work with people - they certainly helped us out!  

No comments:

Post a Comment