Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Tiny livin'

Brutal honesty people - that's what you are getting here.  I'm gonna outline the things that are not so awesome about tiny living, but that we have adjusted (are adjusting?) to.

1.) A three year old wild-child running back and forth in the only walkway in the place with really heavy feet.  This usually happens when I am on my computer and she is entertaining herself.  She says she is "flying."  Yeah, cute, but yeah annoying.  Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.....over and over and over and over.  Oh, and she crashes into the couch at one end and her bunk on the other every time and it shakes the whole place.  An.noy.ing.  Oh wait, there's more - when she runs into the couch or her bed she hurts herself and says, "ow!" Imagine that. Running full speed into something and getting hurt.  Who woulda thunk it?  OMG, SO ANNOYING!!!

2.) Now that I have to wear professional clothing again the tiny closet is a bit of a problem.  I really only have to dress for success two days a week when I teach.  I own three pairs of slacks, approx 8 tops and one blazer.  But there is the wrinkle factor so they have to hang or be draped (as many of them currently are).  It's hard to go through stuff and I can never find my socks!  They are lost in the bottom of this tiny closet.  I am seriously going to empty the whole thing out and reorg one of these days.  The closet is narrow but deep and I swear my socks are lost in the way back bottom.

3.) AM sucks because it is virtually impossible to get ready without waking up sister.  I woke her this AM and robbed daddy out of his last half hour of sleep.  We get ready in the dark and sneak around like robbers in our own place, but still she wakes.  She hates sleeping.

4.) Having four bathrooms was excessive, but having one means you gotta time things just right.  There have been a few occasions where, well, 2-3 of us were on the same schedule and some people, who will remain nameless, were hurried in their business and they did not appreciate that.  These times are admittedly predictable....like when we all come home from Indian buffet having gorged ourselves on ghee soaked veggies.

5.) Cooking.  I think I have explained this before, but we can't use our stove because it is way too hot outside and the A/C is running constantly to keep us cool.  So we have been cooking everything outside on the grill, crockpot, and breadmaker.  When the weather is not hell and we can use the stove and oven a whole new world will open and we will feast.  I'm looking forward to that for sure.

In the meantime, I have found some simple but delicious easy options, one of which is pictures here. Baked potatoes, corn and broccoli on the grill with vegan Indian schmlop on top.  Yes, schmlop is the correct term.  We use it to describe everything that goes over rice or potatoes. I'm always looking for a good schmlop.  Also, I love saying, and typing, schmlop.


Then, thanks to Haji Baba  the most delectable delight....baklava:
Dang, I seriously need to move away from Haji Baba...the baklava is way too good to be this close to me (.5 miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment