Saturday, September 30, 2017

I need to grow something!

There is something that is missing from this trailer life....plants!  I miss my plants! We are moving tomorrow and we will stay in our next place through May, so I think I am going to grow something!  The idea makes me pretty happy.  Here are some of the most recent pictures from the garden I left behind.  I think these were taken in May of this year.  

This artichoke plant was three years old and this year was the first year that is flowered so significantly.  In previous years we had a couple flowers, but we didn't have enough to really enjoy them.  This year we ate many dinners of stuffed artichokes.  It was wonderful!

My sunflowers were HUGE.  The seeds came from gardeners I met during my dissertation research.  They brought me so much joy to look at each day.  My favorite things to grow are herbs and flowers.  


We actually had so many and had eaten them so many times I let a bunch go to flower just to see their beauty.  It was stunning!





No comments:

Post a Comment