Thursday, September 5, 2019

Pinon RV Park, Santa Fe, NM

I can't believe that I didn't take one picture of Pinon RV Park!  This park met all of our needs and at a good weekly price of $200.  It is located approximately 20 minutes southeast from the center of Santa Fe, so shopping and restaurants are all nearby.  We had full hookups and a spacious site with a nice shade tree.  It appeared that most of the sites were occupied by long-term residents.  There was very little (if any) movement of RVs in and out while we were there.  I'm not sure why I didn't take pictures, except that it felt more like our site in Mesa / a home, not a campground!  At this point in the travels I was also thinking about returning to AZ and might have been getting out of tourist mode!

Verizon service was strong and they offered WiFi, but we didn't need it.  They have community restrooms and showers.  I only entered the restroom once when were were leaving and it was not very clean, but I am not sure if that was the norm since we generally only use our own facilities.

There was a covered community picnic area with a grill and tables and that seemed to be the only other amenity.  This is a straightforward full-hookup place near Sante Fe.  I would certainly stay there again.  The only other thing worth mentioning was that they only take cash or checks!  I forgot about this when we checked in but the manager was very nice and allowed me to pay the next day after I ran to get cash (as I don't even have checks)!  The manager was also very helpful in directing me to attractions in Santa Fe...more on this in the next post!

Pros:

  • price
  • proximity to Sante Fe
  • Full-hooks ups
  • WiFi and excellent Verizon service
  • no traffic (settled RVs)
  • kind & helpful park manager
Con:
  • the one time I used the bathroom it was not very clean



No comments:

Post a Comment