Saturday, February 16, 2019

Sale updates

So the sale of the Hideout went very smoothly.  We met the buyers at our mutual bank, worked with a personal banker to notarize the title transfer, and transferred the money from their account into ours.  We then went to the storage place, hitched up and drove the Hideout to their house.  They even offered to pay us for gas (which we declined, but thought that was a very nice gesture).  The family is very nice and I am sure they are going to have a blast getting out of the desert over the summer and into the mountains! They plan on doing a lot of boondocking and this is the perfect rig for it!


The appraisal was completed on our rental home and it did appraise.  After almost 12 years of being a rental needs some repairs.  I'm not too worried about that - we will work out something with handymen, the buyer, and anyone else, to ensure the bank is satisfied.  We are scheduled to close at the end of the month.  I could say a number of disparaging things about the process of selling a house in a small rural AZ town...we've dealt with the same realtor for a while and he's difficult.  Here is one example of how things are...I called to transfer the water into my name instead of the tenants.  When the person on the other end of the phone at the city first heard my request she said it would be $150.  When she realized who I was, "Oh! I know you!" she only charged me $30.  Then she asked me who is buying the house, I feigned forgetfulness about the buyer's name but told her where he worked, then she said, "oh right, the Smith's, I knew that!" (their name is not Smith).  Her whole tone changed when she "recognized" me.  She went from gatekeeper of utilities to my friend...this is how everything is in a small town...gossip and who you know and so and so can do such and such...it can be quaint, but it is mostly annoying and I will be glad to be done with it.  Here is a picture of the house - it's a nice ranch 3bdrm/2bthrm....We've owned it since 2007!



Next we need to get the Tacoma listed.  It is a 2015 4x4, manual transmission with very low mileage (30,500) despite hauling the Hideout 6000 miles last summer! I looked up the Kelley Blue Book and we are looking at between $23,500-26,500 selling it outright and perhaps $22,000-24,000 if we sold it to a dealership.  Obviously the latter would be far easier...Maybe I will shop around and get some offers and see how I feel about selling to a private party.  Though it went so well selling the Hideout, I do worry about receiving the funds...there are some nefarious people out there.  I made some progress cleaning it up today, we may have time on Monday to drive around to some possible dealers that would buy it.

I love feeling so much less burdened by these things.  Once the Tacoma is sold we will be have our nest egg in the bank, Rancho Status Quo, the Mesa Ridge and Ford F150, and our 2009 Toyota Yaris which will all be paid off.  From there we are poised for many more adventures!  I will be discussing our Summer 2019 plans in a post very soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment