Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Homesteading while living in an RV

We've made a number of homesteading moves since arriving in St. Johns.  Though the mail has been very slow and many companies are overwhelmed with orders we have managed to obtain some really great items that are enhancing our stationary summer!

First, we started a container garden, we planted on May 1st and we had sprouts in the first week!  Inspired by a trip to Biosphere II back in February I made ollas out of clay pots - they are working very well to keep the containers moist.  We have carrots, onions, lettuce, asparagus, zucchini and sweet potatoes growing.


We also got a composter...sister has had an excellent time adding refuse and spinning it!


Finally, and most exciting to me, I got a solar oven!  I've been using it to bake my sourdough bread - it is so much fun. I am going to branch out to cook meals I would make in a crockpot soon!


We've been doing a lot of cooking and I am subscribing to Purple Carrot to receive two vegan meals each week.  Here are some pictures of the many amazing meals we have been making.  It's good to have time for cooking and planning great meals!







No comments:

Post a Comment